The nurses took Allie's feeding tube out on Wednesday when the doctors put her on her own schedule meaning that she can eat as much as she wants on her own time schedule, but not to exceed four hours. We were shocked with how well she took off with it. She is almost up to 2 ounces of food every 3-4 hours. She's letting Mom and Dad know that she may be little but she has a big appetite!
We are at home now and loving it. Daddy and Allie get to watch some football today and Mom is enjoying having her family at home. Allie did really well over night and we are settling into parenting pretty well. I think the lack of sleep will be something to get used to but it's totally worth it!
Enjoy a few pictures from the past week!
Grandma Janie and Allie taking time out from snuggling for a picture
Grandpa Jerry and Allie with the Minnesota Twins Homer Hanky...2010 American League Central Division Champions! Go Twins!! Allie will be cheering them on tonight while wrapped in her pink Twins blanket!
Auntie Lindsey and Allie looking so cute!
Mommy and Allie enjoying a moment together
Daddy, Mommy, and Allie
Mommy feeding Allie
Allie in her carseat. Since Allie was born prior to 36 weeks, she had to pass a carseat test in order to go home. She passed with flying colors!
Allie after she just arrived home!
Another picture of Allie in her carseat decked out in her pink outfit!
Allie trying to figure out 'tummy time'! She decided to lift her legs and head at the same time.
Here I go...starting to turn my head the other way!
I did it! Tummy time isn't so bad after all!




YEAH! I am so glad that Miss Allie is home safe and sound where you can completely spoil her without all those stinking nurses poking and bothering her. Enjoy these precious days! I know Andy said you can't take her out where nasty sick people are, but I'm willing to sanitize my entire office and wear a full body-suit if you bring her to see me sometime. I think she would like to come visit me. In fact, she just texted me and told me that. She's such a smart baby!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Mom & Dad!